Choose the Legacy Way
Regardless of our backgrounds and expertise, we all share a passion for education and a common goal to empower our participants to achieve their goals!
With Legacy Empowerment Services you will:
Get the benefit of a positive outlook. As a participant, you'll love our professional and optimistic view. Our solution-oriented approach will empower you to discover your inner strength and community resources.
Enjoy a person-centered approach and be treated with the respect you deserve. Our understanding of your unique situation lets us support you in a kind, honest and dignified manner.
Experience personalized service. We know every case is unique and there is no one size that fits all. So, we take the time to identify your individual needs and deliver custom solutions that get you desired results.
Get assistance from certified personnel. Our staff have varied qualifications ranging from reading specialists, tutors, job coaches, nutritionists, teachers, education administrators, and more. Staff are regularly retrained in current best practices. This ensures we provide research-based and person-centered services.
We speak your language. Spanish, French, Arabic, ASL, Korean, Haitian Creole, and we are constantly adding more. Finally feel understood by a multilingual team that gets your values, traditions, and culture.
Feel supported. You can count on our help when it matters most. We help you with a wide range of things like housing assistance, getting on waiting lists, completing paperwork, how to use public transportation to get to your job on time, how to advocate in a workplace, and request accommodations.
Find services you can trust. We are an approved provider for state agencies like DDS (Division of Disability Services) and DDD (Division of Developmental Disabilities). Our track record has gained the confidence of individuals, parents, guardians and school districts, who trust us to provide a wide array of services.
Frequently Asked Questions
How soon will I be assigned a staff?
After a Regional Supervisor has conducted the intake, they will work on matching you with a Legacy team member that best meets your individualized criteria and that is able to help you reach your specific goals. The process takes approximately one week after the intake has been completed.
What if I have a question my staff can’t help with?
Each family is assigned a Regional Supervisor. Your Regional Supervisor will be your first point of contact to troubleshoot any conflicts and assist in any way.
Do you have a satisfaction guarantee?
Providing you with quality services is of the utmost importance. Legacy will make every effort to ensure that you are happy with your Instructor and with the delivery of your service(s). If you do experience any conflict or have any concerns you can always reach out to your Regional Supervisor.
Do I have to be a student to receive services from Legacy?
No, some of Legacy’s participants are not enrolled in school or taking any formal classes. Your personal growth and development are just as important to us as it is to you.
What age groups do you work with?
We work with all age groups and learners of all abilities because we don’t believe there’s an age limit for learning.
Do I need to be enrolled with the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) to receive services from Legacy?
No, you do not need to be enrolled with a state agency. We would be more than happy to discuss our private pay options with you. Please contact us for more information.
How exactly does it work?
1. Schedule a free one-hour intake. At this time, we are only offering virtual and in-person intakes meetings through Zoom or via phone.
2. An intake team member will give you an introductory call and confirm the intake.
3. During the intake session, we ask about your availability, goals, and information that will help us, help you. Please be sure to share all useful information so we can match you with the best possible instructor(s) to help you reach your goals.
4. Our evaluation team will review your intake information and put together a “Proposal of Services” that will outline the information gathered at the intake as well as provide you with a rate.
5. Once you accept the proposal, you are matched with your instructor or tutor. We may also share information about resources or events that you find to be beneficial. This meeting will also help with identifying the type of assessments that will be vital for setting goals and guide sessions.
6. We will begin service when the appropriate ‘Service Authorizations’ documents are received. This looks different depending on who will be covering the cost of the service (Private Pay-Service Contract, DDD students - Service Detail Report, DDS students-Guarantee of Payment letter, etc.).
Contact us by filling out the contact form and an intake team member will be in touch with you shortly.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com